Tuesday 1 April 2014

INTRODUCTIONS


FAIR TRADE SOCIAL MOVEMENT


This blog is specially for SOCC38H3: Political Sociology course for Professor Chun. 

I decided to choose my topic on Fair Trade because I am fascinated by the differences of a typical social movement versus how Fair Trade structures their ways of promotion and how it became mainstream even though it has no direct effect on everyday consumers. This movement matches my beliefs, and I believe equalization is important in order for third world countries to prosper through the given opportunity of equal wages when we do trades from developed countries to non-developed countries. In the upcoming blog posts, I will feature many different steps to help integrate my audience into my research on answering the key question.

This assignment will explore the key questions of how the organized social movement connected with individuals who care even though it does not directly affect them. Often time’s individuals do not participate in a social movement if it has no direct influence on them. This can cause an issue with attendance, attention and participation.
I will begin my blog posts with a main concern and theme for each topic of discussion and through these topics; it will gear into more specific on exploring my key theme of discussion. The first few posts will focus on the foundation of the topic and from there I believe that it will help with the overall understanding on the project. By analyzing different subjects in this social movement, we are able to understand why this movement became mainstream today.

No comments:

Post a Comment